Since last week, the room has been cleared out, carpet ripped out, and cement board put down. But most dramatically, a door has been added from the room to the garage! We are really starting to feel how this room will come together. If you need updated on plans, check out our mudroom plans post and the one room challenge week 1 post.
One of our big issues this week has been trying to decide on lights. We need to know where lights are going to go so that electrical can be done. So I went on the hunt for lights, and boy what a hunt its been. I’m exhausted. You can see some of our options here. We still haven’t decided. Ideally, we would find two gooseneck sconces for above the desk and a chandelier that coordinates for the center of the room. While we have looked at thousands of lights on the internet, it seems something is wrong with each option. Often, its price. I don’t want to spend 25% of the budget on lights!
Check out progress photos below:
Some Before and “Durings”:
Overall, I am very pleased with everything that has been completed in one week. The plan is to have tile done by next week. We are also meeting with an electrician tomorrow to figure out what we will hire out and what Parker will do himself. Really, we just need to re-route the wire that was where the door is now, and then we need to add a light switch right inside the new door and wiring for lights above the desk. Hopefully, we have also decided on and ordered lights by next week. I’m starting to think about paint colors, which is a fun change from lights 🙂 Lots of big fun decisions coming up!! I really think this is going to be awesome at the end!